- 1 cup reduced fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 sprig dill, chopped
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 piece of wholemeal or wholegrain flat bread OR 2 slices of wholemeal multigrain bread OR 1 wholemeal multigrain roll
- 80g skinless chicken breast, cooked, sliced
- ¼ avocado
- ¼ cup rocket leaves
- ½ carrot, grated
- ¼ cucumber, sliced
- 5 sundried tomatoes
- Make the yoghurt dressing by placing the yoghurt, Lebanese cucumber, garlic and dill in a bowl. Stir to combine and season with pepper.
- Place the bread, roll or wrap on a flat surface and spread 2 tablespoons of the yoghurt mixture on one side.
- Add the chicken and remaining ingredients, and serve.
- If using a wrap, roll it up tightly to ensure ingredients don’t fall out.
- If making a sandwich or roll, top with the other piece of bread or the other half of the roll, then cut in half to serve.
- The meat in this recipe can be varied to suit your personal taste for a protein source. Try tuna, turkey and lentils or two boiled eggs as alternatives.
- Wholegrain bread is low GI and high in fibre. Foods that are low GI provide longer lasting energy, and keeping you feeling fuller for longer.
- Creamed cheese, pesto or hummus can be used as alternative healthy spreads to the yoghurt dressing.