- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 2½ cups reduced fat soy milk or calcium fortified almond milk
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 roughly chopped frozen banana
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp honey
- ¼ tsp vanilla essence
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into four tall glasses and serve.
- Silken tofu increases the protein content of this smoothie. Protein is important for muscle growth and repair and also assists in providing satiety.
- Chia seeds are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 is a polyunsaturated fat that is also found in deep sea fish such as salmon. Omega-3 fatty acids can reduce your risk of heart disease.
- Chia seeds also provide soluble fibre which can assist in lowering cholesterol and regulating digestion.