These can be cooked the night before, refrigerated and eaten cold the next day.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- Olive oil spray
- Salad or salsa to serve
- 3 cups chopped/grated vegetables (such as corn, sweet potato, zucchini, capsicum, broccoli, cauliflower)
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs (such as coriander, spring onion, parsley)
- 1/2 cup cheese (such as mozzarella, cheddar, cottage. Optional)
- 2 teaspoons (metric) spices (such as paprika, turmeric, coriander, chilli. Optional)
- Natural/Greek yoghurt to serve (optional)
- Wash and chop/grate the vegetables and herbs.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the eggs, then add the milk, herbs and vegetables stirring well.
- Add the flour and cheese and spices if you are using these.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil spray and heat on medium heat. Dollop 1 tablespoon of the batter mixture into the frying pan at a time making sure there is enough room to flip the fritters.
- Cook for about 2 minutes on each side until golden brown in colour.
- Serve with salad or salsa and a dollop of yoghurt!
- Try using wholemeal self-raising flour to add even more fibre
- Costs $1.20 per serve
Recipe reproduced with permission from SecondBite www.secondbite.org