Tuna, pumpkin and broccoli pasta bake
- 250g spiral pasta (uncooked)
- 3 + 1/4 cups water
- 400g butternut pumpkin (cut into 2cm cubes)
- 1/2 brown onion (grated)
- 2 cups broccoli florets (chopped)
- 200g can creamed down
- 250g smooth ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon (metric) ground chilli
- 2 tablespoons (metric) fresh basil (chopped)
- 400g can corn kernals (drained and rinsed)
- 425g tinned tuna in oil (drained and flaked)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place pasta in the Decor Microsafe® Pasta Cooker and cover with 3 cups of water. Cook with the lid off according to the Pasta Cooker instructions for about 17 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Replace Pasta Cooker lid and drain the pasta, set aside.
- Place the pumpkin, onion, broccoli and ¼ cup of water in the Decor Microsafe® Rice Cooker & Vegetable Steamer and cook in the microwave with lid on and steam release lid vent button open for about 5 minutes, or until al dente then drain away excess water and allow contents to cool.
- Add the creamed corn, ricotta cheese, chilli, basil, corn and tuna to the Rice Cooker and combine well with the steamed vegetables.
- Add the cooked pasta to the mixture and combine well.
- Pour mixture into a Decor 3L Thermoglass® dish and top with the parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs. Bake uncovered in the oven for 35 minutes or until cheese is crisp and golden.
- Divide the pasta into 4 bowls, serve hot.
- To store leftovers in fridge or freezer, apply the Thermoglass® lid for a leak-proof and airtight seal.
- To reheat leftovers later in the microwave pop open the lid steam release vent button and microwave reheat.
- Try wholemeal pasta for extra goodness
Each serve of this recipe provides:
- 2.5 serves of vegetables
- 1.25 serves of milk/yoghurt/cheese
- 1 serve of lean meat/alternative
- 2.5 serves of grain foods
Recipe created by Nutrition Australia Vic Division for Decor Australia.