- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 250 g dried penne pasta
- Olive oil spray
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 500 g chicken, diced
- 120 g mushrooms, chopped
- 1 capsicum, seeded and diced
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- ½ cup low fat parmesan cheese, grated
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Spread pine nuts over a baking tray. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling water until tender. Drain pasta and set aside.
- Heat pan to medium heat and spray with oil. Add onions and garlic and cook until onion is soft.
- Add chicken, mushroom, diced capsicum and chilli flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are soft.
- Add basil and toss to coat chicken.
- Divide pasta between bowls and spoon chicken mixture on top.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts and low fat parmesan cheese. Season with pepper. Serve immediately.
© This recipe was developed by the Nutrition Australia Qld Division. All rights reserved.