- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 carrots
- ½ capsicum
- 2 rashers of bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 spring onions
- Cook the rice either in the microwave or on the stove.
- Microwave: Add the rice and water to a microwave save container (with lid). Microwave on high for 7-10 minutes with the lid slightly open.
- Stove: Heat rice and water in a pot on medium-high heat. Bring water to the boil. Once boiling, remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Wash the carrot and capsicum under cold water. Finely dice and set aside. Finely dice the bacon and set aside.
- Heat oil in a frypan over medium-high heat. Crack the eggs into a small bowl and lightly whisk with a fork. Pour eggs into the pan and cook for a few minutes until the egg is firm. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add bacon to the pan and fry for 1 minute. Add capsicum, carrot, frozen peas, precooked rice and soy sauce.
- Slice egg into thin slices. Add to the pan.
- Fry all ingredients for 2-3 minutes.
- Thinly slice spring onions and serve stir fry rice with a sprinkle of spring onions on top.
- Raw vegetables make a cheap and healthy snack. If you have extra capsicum or carrot, you could cut into sticks now to snack on tomorrow.
This recipe was developed for the Cook Well, Eat Well project.
Brought to you by VicHealth and Nutrition Australia Vic Division, Cook Well Eat Well helps Victorians create healthy meals at home during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Over 25 community organisations across Victoria were engaged to help shape Cook Well, Eat Well, and its content.