- 4ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 zucchini, sliced thinly length-wise
- 1/4 eggplant, sliced thinly
- 1 cup leafy greens: spinach, Silverbeet or kale
- 1/3 cup peas/mung bean sprouts
- 400g passata
- 200 lasagne sheets
- 200g tofu. drained and rinsed
- 1/2 beetroot, fresh (grated) or preserved (blended)
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- 1 handful fresh herbs (basil, oregano, parsley), roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Dried mixed herbs to garnish
- Parmesan, grated, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200⁰C. Line oven trays with baking paper. Coat zucchini and eggplant in oil and cracked pepper. Place vegetables onto baking trays and cook for 30 minutes.
- Turn oven temperate down to 180⁰C. In a large frypan, sauté the leafy greens and peas for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Place the tofu into a large bowl. Crumble with hands to resemble ricotta. Add hummus, basil, garlic powder and lemon zest. Mix well. Stir through the beetroot and mix until the mixture turns rosy pink.
- Begin to layer the pie starting with the passata. Use 1-2 cups to cover the base of the baking dish. Top with one layer of lasagne sheets. Followed by half the tofu ricotta and then the zucchini and eggplant. Finally, the spinach and peas on top. Repeat until all the ingredients are used up. The last layer should be lasagne sheets covered with passata and sprinkle with dried herbs, and grated parmesan (if not dairy milk allergies/intolerances).
- Cook for 20 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe is part of Nutrition Australia Vic Division’s Long Day Care Menu Pack.
The long day care menu pack is a rotating four-week seasonal menu, tailored to the number of children in each centre. It was first launched in 2019 and continues to be a popular product for Nutrition Australia Vic Division.