To inspire and empower healthy eating for all Australians.
To be the leading nutrition advocate in preventative health.
- to act as a source of scientific information on key nutrition issues
- to produce and disseminate material on nutrition to policy makers, the media, educators, food industry and consumers
- to act as consultants to government departments, food industry and consumer groups as required on issues related to food and nutrition
- to encourage innovation in the dissemination of nutritional knowledge.
What We Do
Nutrition Australia NSW delivers services across NSW with key stakeholders in the public and private sector to promote evidence-based messages on nutritional issues and overall preventative health.
Our strategic priorities include:
- promoting routine advice and clinical service delivery
- supporting existing NSW Health programs
- providing education campaigns that enable informed, healthy choices
- encouraging environments that support healthy eating and active living.
Our health promotion services target a variety of settings and community groups across the lifespan to offer a holistic approach to meeting our strategic priorities.
- aged care
- early childhood and OSHC
- families and the community
- food industry
- training and food safety
- workplaces and organisations.
- cooking demonstrations
- health displays & events
- menu & canteen assessment
- nutrition seminars and workshops
- one-on-one & family consults
- smoothie demonstrations
- team building activities.