We empower Queensland and Northern Territory school communities with skills and knowledge so everyone is better able to promote health and nutrition to children and teenagers.
Nutrition Australia Qld’s Schools Program provides resources and services for teachers, parents, students, principals, Tuckshop/canteens and parent organisations. Our team are the experts in providing nutrition, food safety and menu planning advice and services for schools.
Lunchboxes mean many things to many people. In the 21st century many foods are competing for a place in our lunchboxes.
Healthy lunchboxes play a role in developing lifelong healthy eating habits. Packing healthy lunchboxes with your child can help develop an understanding of:
- The importance of eating a variety of whole foods
- The relationship between food, growth and development
- The value of food and taking time to prepare and enjoy healthy food with others
- That discretionary foods (foods high in saturated fat, added sugar and/or salt) are not good choices for everyday
For children, lunchboxes have many different and important roles.
- Healthy lunchboxes can provide children with skills and knowledge on how to prepare and select an appropriate amount of food
- Encouraging children to sit, relax and take time to eat lunchbox foods demonstrates the important role food has in socialising with others.
For further information about our services, download a copy of Nutrition Australia Qld’s Schools and Tuckshops full services list or contact our Queensland office.
Mon – Fri 9:00am – 3:30 pm
PH: (07) 3257 4393
Email: [email protected]