Healthy Lunchbox Week
Healthy Lunchbox Week is a Nutrition Australia initiative that aims to inspire parents and carers across Australia to create healthy lunchboxes their children will enjoy.
Did you know children consume around 30% of their daily food intake at school? Most of this comes from the contents of their lunchbox. What children eat during their day at school plays a crucial role in their learning and development.
Healthy Lunchbox Week helps families prepare healthy lunchboxes by:
- inspiring healthy lunchbox ideas and recipes
- ensuring a healthy lunchbox balance across core food groups
- awareness of lunchbox food hygiene and safety.
Healthy Lunchbox Week occurs at the start of Term 1 to help get kids and families set up for a healthy year of lunchboxes.
Visit our Healthy Lunchbox Week website for:
- lunchbox friendly recipes
- fact sheets and healthy lunchbox guides