- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (rinsed and drained)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sultanas
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt (plus extra for serving)
- 1 red apple, skin on (cored and chopped)
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts (roughly chopped)
- 1 banana (sliced)
- Bring milk to a boil in a small saucepan. Add quinoa, and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, covered, until three-quarters of the milk has been absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in cinnamon, honey, sultanas, cook for another 5-8 minutes or until quinoa is tender and almost all the milk has been absorbed. Stir in yoghurt, apple and some of the hazelnuts and cook for 30 seconds.
- Serve immediately topped with an extra dollop of Greek yoghurt, sliced banana and remaining chopped hazelnuts.
- For added flavour, add a dash of vanilla essence to the milk when cooking the quinoa.
- Instead of banana, top with your favourite seasonal fruits. We love mixed berries or peaches in the summer or a chopped pear instead of the apple in winter.
Recipe reproduced with permission from Dairy Australia. For more great recipes visit: https://www.dairy.com.au/recipes.