- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup laksa paste
- 2 cans coconut flavoured evaporated milk
- 300g skinless chicken breast fillet (cubed)
- 1 cup green beans (trimmed and chopped)
- 125g baby corn spears (sliced lengthways)
- 1/2 cup red capsicum (chopped)
- 350g hokkien noodles
- 3/4 cup bean sprouts (rinsed)
- 2 spring onions (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves
- lime wedges (to serve).
- Heat vegetable oil in a non-stick saucepan over medium to high flame and add laksa paste.
- Cook stirring for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant. Add evaporated milk and bring to the boil.
- Add chicken, beans and corn, reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Add capsicum and simmer for a further 3-5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Cook noodles as per packet instructions and place into serving bowls.
- Ladle laksa mixture into each bowl over the noodles and top with remaining ingredients to garnish. Serve immediately.
- Evaporated milk is significantly lower in fat than coconut cream or coconut milk.
- For extra coconut flavour, you can also add coconut essence.
Recipe reproduced with permission from Dairy Australia. For more great recipes visit: https://www.dairy.com.au/recipes.