Nutrition Australia ACT provides accurate and up to date nutrition information for early childhood organisations. Our services will ensure your facility meets, and exceeds, the food and nutrition related elements of the National Quality Standard (NQS) and The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia (EYLF).
Why choose Nutrition Australia ACT?
- Nutrition Australia ACT is ACT’s leading nutrition education organisation, committed to evidence based practice and research
- Our services are delivered by Accredited Practising Dietitians and Nutritionists, experienced in early childhood nutrition
- As a not-for-profit, non-government organisation you will be supporting local business and community
- All participating early childhood organisations will receive a free subscription to NA ACT’s regular e-News updates, making it easy for you to stay up to date with latest food and nutrition news, seasonal recipes and more!
For further information about Nutrition Australia ACT’s workplace early childhood services, call 02 6162 2583 or email us using the enquiry form.
For childcare centres that provide food, this service will ensure that the food and nutrition elements of the NQS are being met. A dietitian will conduct the menu assessment by visiting the facility and providing a comprehensive report.
Menu assessments are based on recommendations outlined by the NQS, specifically Element 2.2.1. “Healthy eating is promoted and food and drinks provided by the service are nutritious and appropriate for each child”.
Menu assessment report also reflects nutritional requirements for children based on:
Nutrition and food handling course
This two hour course is designed for early childhood staff and will help your facility meet the NQS requirements outlined in Elements 2.1.1 and 2.1.3, Quality Area 2: Children’s health and safety.
A dietitian will visit your facility and present the nutrition and food handling course for up to 25 people.
Topics covered in the course include:
- nutrition concerns and requirements for children and infants
- Australian Dietary Guidelines and Infant Feeding Guidelines
- nutrition policy
- food hygiene
- safe food handling practices.
Parent information sessions
A dietitian will visit your facility and provide practical advice for parents of infants, toddlers and young children.
These one hour interactive information sessions can cover a range of topics of interest which include:
- infant nutrition
- developing healthy eating habits
- achieving adequate nutrition with minimal fuss
- dealing with fussy eaters
- composition of lunchboxes and appropriate snacks
- food allergy and intolerances
- food variety.
Lunchbox inspo stand
Ideal for centres in which parents provide food. Our dietitian will visit your centre and set up a one hour stall demonstrating healthy lunchbox ideas and simple lunchbox recipes. Keeping lunchboxes healthy, budget conscious and realistic is our lunchbox motto.
Sample lunch box ideas, recipes and taste testing opportunities are provided.
For further information about Nutrition Australia ACT’s early childhood services call 02 6162 2583 or email us using the enquiry form.