Healthy Eating Advisory Service
The Healthy Eating Advisory Service (HEAS) is funded by the Victorian Government and delivered by Nutrition Australia Vic Division.
The service supports Victorian early childhood services, schools, hospitals and health services, sport and recreation centres, universities and other workplaces to provide healthier food and drinks.
Visit www.heas.health.vic.gov.au for more information, plus fact sheets, resources and recipes.
HEAs is run by Nutrition Australia Vic Division’s team of experienced dietitians and nutritionists, to help organisations increase the availability of healthier options, and meet relevant healthy eating policies and guidelines.
What does HEAS provide?
- Phone advice and support to assist in providing nutritious, tasty and cost effective food and drink choices, including assistance with menu planning.
- Staff training on developing and modifying menus, product assessments, considering options for healthy vending machines and developing an internal healthy food policy.
- Support to meet the relevant healthy food policies and guidelines.
- Support to meet the Healthy Eating and Oral Health benchmarks of the Achievement Program
- Information on establishing and maintaining a health promoting environment, through the provision of healthy food and drinks.
The Healthy Eating Advisory Service also work with health professionals to support healthy eating in these settings.